Travel to India without the need for the Hep A & B vaccines via my blog.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

It's that time of year again!  Or is it every four years like the Olympics?  Maybe every two years?  Who knows, but the ICC Cricket World Cup kicked off on Saturday in Bangladesh. Cricket is like a really slow game of bad baseball.  Every cricket match I have watched is like an All-Star Game between the Cincinnati Reds vs. the Toledo Mudhens!  


Somehow though people here LOVE cricket!  Driving through the city yesterday it was like I was traveling in a time machine rather than a Tata Indigo.  All over the city there were crowds of people in front of the electronic store fronts watching India take on Bangladesh in the opening match it was reminiscent of 1930's Americana.


I only watched a few moments of the match while at dinner and I don't know much about the sport, but it looked like India was doing well having scored a touch down, a homerun and a 3-pointer in the few minutes I watched!



No comments:

Post a Comment