Travel to India without the need for the Hep A & B vaccines via my blog.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I remember finding a raccoon at the EDC.....

Last year while working second shift at the EDC I remember coming into the DC and all the excitement of the discovery of a raccoon that had travelled on a AAA Cooper trailer from Cincinnati all the way to the EDC in Walton, KY.  This was quite a feat and certainly caused some excitement for Paul Stanton, our resident raccoon hunter or Steve Irwin if you will.....


Today while taking a potential new hire from Recon India on a tour through the Lonikand Warehouse I was graced by another wildlife invasion.  However, unlike the cute, dazed and apparently sleepy raccoon that I tried without much luck to get Vijay to "pet" that we found at the EDC this wildlife encounter was with a russell viper!!!  


Yeah a russell viper, you know the #5 on the list of the world's most deadliest snakes, the one snake responsible for more human deaths per year than any other snake, the snake that is easily irritated, the one with the lightning fast striking speed?!?!  This little gem was in an aisle at the warehouse apparently taking a break from the hot February sun.  


Fortunately, just like Paul "Raccoon Wrangler" Stanton, the Lonikand warehouse has a snake charmer (Bedekar or "Little Pauly" as I will now call him) that captured this snake.  What you can't tell from the pictures is just how ghost white I was from seeing this snake or the way my hands were trembling while taking these photos!  





No comments:

Post a Comment